All doulas deserve to be supported through this amazing work. Birth Right Doula Mentoring Program.
For ALL doulas – Ongoing support from Susan via phone or Zoom
- Support for those tricky client meetings during pregnancy
- Where does your service begin and end? – respecting boundaries
- Debriefing with a client who has had a ‘not so great’ or traumatic birth experience
- Not sure how to answer all those questions??
- Support for postnatal doulas
- Are you working as a doula and feel isolated and unsupported?
- Are you struggling to find clients?
- Have you had some challenging experiences with staff members in hospitals
- How to guide a client to design a birth plan that will be respected by staff (so important!)
- Are you unsure about what went wrong at a birth and what you could have done to change the outcome?
- Unsure about how to start your doula business?
- Want advice about meeting new clients and how to structure that first meeting?
- Want to de-brief over a challenging birth?
Who is your mentor?
Susan Ross has extensive experience working with pregnancy and birthing women, child & family therapy, bonding & attachment, doula support, counselling. Susan is a Hypnotherapist, NLP Coach and Time Line® Therapist.
She has a background in midwifery, published author, public speaker, mentor and advocate for birthing women.
Susan is the founder and Director of Birth Right Training Academy, offering birth & postnatal doula training and
Inside Birth® Educator Training (childbirth education), Hypnotherapy including birth debrief and healing
- A wonderful training. By the end I feel in a position to empower women. Feel very happy to have continued mentoring from Susan and Birth Right. Jo
- I was struggling to work out what was behind my client’s anxiety. I found the mentoring from Susan gave me so much clarity and totally changed the direction I was able to use with this client. It benefited me and the client. It just makes such a difference to be able to tap into Susan’s amazing experience and insights.
- “The Birth Right doula course was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed every minute of it, as I am now enjoying every minute of my work as a doula. Susan Ross is amazing – generous, supportive, and so extraordinarily knowledgeable – and the network of fellow doulas and other practitioners I have had the privilege to meet and come to know has been incredible and invaluable. I am so glad to be part of the Birth Right ‘family’.” Romy Farmer
- “I am so glad to have decided to do my doula training through Birth Right. Susan is a wealth of knowledge and it is an honour to have absorbed the knowledge that she has passed on. The great thing about Birth Right is the network of support from chiropractic and naturopathy to yoga, massage and Chinese medicine. So not only are you learning from Susan, you are learning from a range of practitioners who are all there to support couples through pregnancy, birth and parenthood.” Christine Leghorn
- “I loved every minute of the Birth Right doula training. Susan’s years of experience with birth are an incredible resource during the training, and her continued compassion, knowledge & mentoring as I develop as a doula are invaluable.” Beck Fraser
- “I decided to study and train to become a Doula through Birth Right due to the fact that the training was completed by a Midwife with years of experience and a Childbirth Educator, and secondly due to the fact that I had read Susan’s book “Birth Right” when I was pregnant and felt a relevant connection to the role of the Doula and Birthing made positive.
- The training was what I expected and more. The course was rich and life changing in many ways. I would recommend the course to any woman who is truly passionate about supporting Women in Our Community to birth in The Way that they choose to birth with well informed choices and on-going mentoring. Birth is Beautiful.” Serena Chua