Doulas deserve to be supported through this amazing work. Once you have graduated from our Birth doula training you will be invited to join our dynamic and supportive Birth Right Doula Mentoring Program.
What we offer – For Birth Right doulas only
Ongoing support from Susan via phone/email
- Invitation to join our private Birth Right Facebook group
- Debriefing from a good, not so great or traumatic birth experience with client
- Advertising on our website with your own doula profile
Annual Fees (includes online advert)
$250 (includes online advert)
For all other doulas
- Are you working as a doula and feel isolated and unsupported?
- Are you struggling to find clients?
- Have you had some challenging experiences with staff members in hospitals
- Are you unsure about what went wrong at a birth and what you could have done to
- change the outcome?
- Unsure about how to start your doula business?
- Want advice about meeting new clients and how to structure that first meeting?
- Want to de-brief over a challenging birth?
Who is your mentor?
Susan Ross has been in the pregnancy and birthing business for 40 years.
She has a background in midwifery, paediatrics, family planning, child & family therapy, childbirth education, hypnotherapy.
Susan is the founder and Director of Birth Right Australia.
She is a trainer, offering Birth doula training, post-natal doula training,
Inside Birth® Educator Training (childbirth education).
Susan is a public speaker, mentor and published author.
- A wonderful training. By the end I feel in a position to empower women. Feel very happy to have continued support from Susan and Birth Right. Jo, 2015
- Many thanks for an informative, enjoyable weekend. I loved every minute and am in awe of your knowledge and experience! Rosie, 2014
- “The Birth Right doula course was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed every minute of it, as I am now enjoying every minute of my work as a doula. Susan Ross is amazing – generous, supportive, and so extraordinarily knowledgeable – and the network of fellow doulas and other practitioners I have had the privilege to meet and come to know has been incredible and invaluable. I am so glad to be part of the Birth Right ‘family’.” Romy Farmer
- “I am so glad to have decided to do my doula training through Birth Right. Susan is a wealth of knowledge and it is an honour to have absorbed the knowledge that she has passed on. The great thing about Birth Right is the network of support from chiropractic and naturopathy to yoga, massage and Chinese medicine. So not only are you learning from Susan, you are learning from a range of practitioners who are all there to support couples through pregnancy, birth and parenthood.” Christine Leghorn
- “I loved every minute of the Birth Right doula training. Susan’s years of experience with birth are an incredible resource during the training, and her continued compassion, knowledge & support as I develop as a doula are invaluable.” Beck Fraser
- “I decided to study and train to become a Doula through Birth Right due to the fact that the training was completed by a Midwife with years of experience and a Childbirth Educator, and secondly due to the fact that I had read Susan’s book “Birth Right” when I was pregnant and felt a relevant connection to the role of the Doula and Birthing made positive.
- The training was what I expected and more. The course was rich and life changing in many ways. I would recommend the course to any woman who is truly passionate about supporting Women in Our Community to birth in The Way that they choose to birth with well informed choices and on-going support. Birth is Beautiful.” Serena Chua