TRAUMA AND GRIEF MUST BE ACKNOWLEDGED
Too often women find their ‘experience’ of birthing is simply not regarded as all that important, especially by the medical profession. I see many women who feel guilty because their traumatic ‘experience’ has not been acknowledged. Women feel guilty because the strong message is ‘be grateful to have a healthy baby’ – end of story!
Well it is far from the end of the story. Women feel traumatised, angry, confused about ‘what went wrong’ and ‘what if’?. They feel all their power was unceremoniously stripped bare, causing deep trauma and grief. These emotions do not just magically disappear – ever! They stay with that woman for the rest of her life.
This trauma can affect bonding with her baby, breastfeeding, feelings about motherhood, guilt, anxiety, relationship with her partner and family, and will impact negatively on any future pregnancies.
WHAT ABOUT THE BABY?
Birth is mainly seen through the eyes of the mother. It is assumed that her baby feels nothing, that he is an innocent bystander. But it is something much more profound for the baby. This birth event imprints itself on his personality. How this baby enters the world, whether it is painful, easy, long or violent, determines who he becomes and how he views the world around him. During the birth his mind is recording every feeling, gesture and movement. From 9 months of floating in the warm, safe and perfect environment in utero he is suddenly thrust into the outside world. Now imagine the added impact of medical intervention on the baby. We know the imprint of birth stays with the baby forever and can have lasting effects on his development.
YOUR HEALING WITH HYPNOSIS
The imprint of the birth, no matter what the experience, is forever registered in the unconscious mind.
If you are motivated to change and heal, then hypnotherapy simply works
- Hypnosis is a process which produces a deep state of relaxation, distracts the conscious mind, increases awareness and heightens suggestibility which allows access to the unconscious mind through the imagination.
- The hypnotic state causes a person to be acutely aware of everything around. Your attention is much more focused in hypnosis than in the normal waking state.
- We cannot change the event but we can remove the negative emotion attached to that experience
- I will then guide you in how you can heal the birth journey for your baby/child
- You will be amazed at the freedom this gives you to move forward unencumbered