AND WHY LANGUAGE MATTERS
If you Google ‘pregnancy’ there are many awful headings that pop up: like ‘what are the symptoms of pregnancy’?
‘symptom’ definition – “a phenomenon that arises from and accompanies a particular disease or disorder and serves as an indication of it”
From the very beginning we are medicalising pregnancy.
Pregnancy is not a disease or a disorder.
The word ‘symptoms’ is common to us all.
If you have been unwell, hospitalised, seeing a doctor, receiving a diagnosis, friends will ask: ‘what were your symptoms’
They want to know so they can check themselves. They start worrying if they have any similar ‘symptoms’
The word ‘symptoms’ or ‘signs & symptoms of pregnancy’ immediately conjures up something medical.
This word is already registered in your unconscious mind as a medical alarm. It is so familiar.
So already, before a woman acknowledges to herself she is pregnant, she begins to worry.
No wonder pregnant women are fearful.
Dear pregnant woman,
- Stand tall
- Be proud
- Be conscious and aware of the amazing changes beginning in your mind, body and spirit
- TRUST your intuitive self
- TRUST in your ability to grow and connect with a beautiful new person
From your friends, family, social media connections, your work colleagues, your local community and your global community
5 SPECIAL JOYS UNIQUE TO PREGNANCY
- Expect to feel overwhelmed with joy
- Expect to feel a power deep within of pride at your new creation of a small human
- Expect to feel a different closeness to your partner. A vulnerability and love never before experienced
- Listen to your changing body and follow its lead (rest/sleep when needed, eat what feels right)
- Connection is key – talk to your new little soul who is relying on your love and protection for the next 40 weeks …and beyond